|Weights, Measures And Conversion Tables|
- One cubic foot of volume will support approx. 60 lbs.
- One cubic foot of fresh water weighs 62.5 lbs.
- One cubic foot of salt water weighs 64 lbs.
- One gallon of gasoline weighs 6.2 lbs.
- One gallon of Diesel fuel weighs 7.1 lbs.
- One cubic foot of volume contains 7.48 gallons.
- One board foot - A lumber measurement.
- One board foot = 1" X 12" X 12".
- A piece of lumber 2" X 12" X 12" = 2 board feet.
- When width and thickness are specified, lumber may be called out as linear feet, i.e. 1" X 6" X 24 linear feet.
- Linear feet is used when the the lumber will be cut into various lengths, as opposed to a piece 1" X 6" x 24' which would be a single piece of wood.
See Pounds to Kilograms Conversion Table
See Fahrenheit to Centigrade Conversion Table
See Metal Gauges Thickness Table
See Screw and Nail - Gauge to mm Conversion Table
See Speed Conversions; Knots, MPH, KPH Table
See Square Feet to Square Meters Conversion Table
See Feet to Meters Conversion Table
See Inches to Millimeters Conversion Table