Please report any issues with this site to Lexicon Webmaster.


Wooden block or wedge used to fill the void in a badly made butt or joint; a graving piece or repairing patch in a deck; filler; shim; short plank.

A term common to wooden boat design and construction.

Web design by OfficeElf